Saved By The Belt
The Arkansas State Police - Highway Safety Office Saved by the Belt story section raises awareness about the importance and responsibility of everyone to buckle up. The traveling public is one of our largest and most important safety partners in the efforts to eliminate traffic related fatalities and serious injuries in Arkansas. Everyone can/must do their part to pursue zero fatalities and make it a reality.
Simply say, "I'll do it." Make the Life Saving Choice Buckle Up Arkansas!
We at AHSO celebrate those individuals who were involved in a car crash and were Saved by the Belt. All of the individual stories on our website and SBTB program participants represent someone or a set of people who survived a car crash because the seat belt they were using did its job: protected the life of the person who was wearing it.
If you are ready to join us in making a difference, just send in the details below! If you are an Arkansas law enforcement agency, you can nominate a traffic crash survivor. Or if you want to submit your personal Saved By the Belt Story, you are invited to submit it below. If SBTB Committee approves, we will share your story on our websites. Pictures truly are worth a thousand words. They are a great way of telling your story too, so please share any pictures you have of the crashed car.
Here’s what we need:
- Crash Report from investigating law enforcement agency (Attach the report below or send it to: Arkansas Highway Safety Office-Saved by the Belt Program, 1 Arkansas State Police Plaza, Little Rock, AR 72209
- The date the crash occurred and details about the crash.
- Explain how you feel being restrained saved your life and/or the lives of other occupants in the vehicle.
- Why you decided to wear your seat belt.
- Did you or others sustain any injuries during the crash?
- If you wish, please share any milestones you have encountered since the crash (graduation, marriage, becoming a grandparent, etc.)
Download Printable Saved By The Belt Form to Mail or Fax (Electronic form on the way):
Arkansas Highway Safety Office Attn: Saved By The Belt Program, 1 Arkansas State Police Plaza, Little Rock, AR 72209 | FAX : (501) 618-8124
Want to read other 'Saved By The Belt Stories? Click here.
Make the Life Saving Choice Buckle Up Arkansas!
Arkansas State Police Highway Safety Office