SAFE Driver Pledge
All lives are valuable. At the Arkansas State Police Highway Safety Office, we honor the lives lost on our roadways by seeking to provide more and more evidence based solutions to the multi-layered problems of fatal traffic crashes. When you take the S.A.F.E. Driver Pledge below you are essentially taking personal responsibility for your safe driving choices and informing others that “Safe Driving is a choice.” In this way, we all share in responsibility to the traveling public to seek safer Arkansas roadways.
“Safety is the top priority for the U.S. Department of Transportation. Loss of life is unacceptable on our nation’s roadways and everyone has a role to play in ensuring that they are safe. We intend to use all available tools to reverse these trends and reduce traffic fatalities and injuries,” said Dr. Steven Cliff, NHTSA’s Acting Administrator. “
S.A.F.E. Driver Pledge
If you are an Arkansas resident and want to commit to help reduce the number of crash-related fatalities and injuries on our roadways, you may sign our S.A.F.E. Driver Pledge.(Click the red box below.) Your name will be added to our online list of individuals who have pledged to help make Arkansas roadways safer.
I, (YOUR NAME) , PLEDGE TO BE A S.A.F.E. DRIVER AND PROMOTE SAFE DRIVING PRACTICES. I AGREE TO:
- Select a sober designated driver when needed or arrange for a safe ride home for myself or others. And ask them to designate a sober driver before celebrating with alcohol.
- Act on my decision now by wearing a seatbelt, REQUIRING others to buckle up when riding with me, drive distraction-free, encourage others to put away distractions and focus on driving. (Buckle Up Cell Down)
- Follow the rules and laws of the road for driving especially around school zones, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and other drivers, as well. Honor the Move Over and Work Zone rules and laws. More About Move Over and Work Zone Safety.
- Engage in the Traffic Safety Cause by taking personal responsibility for my safe driving choices and inform others that “SAFE DRIVING IS A CHOICE.”
Click the box below and put your email address in the form if you would like to receive the complimentary AHSO newsletter SafARoads:
By submitting, you agree to be included on the S.A.F.E. Driver Pledge list below. Your email address, if submitted, will not be shown on the pledge list.
TO SUBMIT YOUR PLEDGE: Click the red box above called "S.A.F.E. Driver Pledge"
THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE FOR THEIR ARKANSAS S.A.F.E. Driver PLEDGE
- Jennifer Cummings, Little Rock
- Michael Catanach, Bryant, AR
- Debra Hollis, Sheridan, AR
- Hailie Heavner, Bryant, AR
- Cindy Grisham, Benton, AR
- Chip Payne, Little Rock, AR
- Freda Grisham, Cherokee Village, AR
- Nick Ackerson, Unknown
- Officer Thell Riddle, Mulberry, AR
- Teresa Sproles, Unknown
- Earma Brown, Little Rock
- Gwen Vernon, Little Rock
- (Be the next)
Other Ways to Join the S.A.F.E. Drivers Project
There are many ways you can help spread the word about the AHSO mission to reduce traffic crash fatalities and serious injuries occuring on Arkansas roadways. Here's a few to consider:
- Post a poster or flyer in your office, community center or place of worship. Download SAFE Driver Pledge poster.
- Broadcast a PSA (public service announcement) on your cable access network or post a link to it from your website. Just click the Share section to share on whatever platform you choose.
- Post the logo on your Facebook page or Twitter account. Download TZD Logo Here
- Place an article in your newsletter. (Sample article: 5 Driver Safety Tips)
- Share our new social norming graphic and message on Social Media like Facebook: Buckle Up Cell Down.
- Send a letter to the editor of your local newsletter.
- Shout Out! Tell Us Your Story about how you survived a traffic crash because you were buckled up. Or help us warn others about the dangers of driving impaired or the risk of using a hand-held cell while driving.
SAFE DRIVING IS A CHOICE. CHOOSE LIFE.
Arkansas Highway Safety Office