Whats Your Seat Belt Safety IQ
Any time you’re in a motor vehicle, if you’re driving or no matter where you’re sitting or where you’re going, you should always put safety first. Remember to buckle up every trip, every time! Use this quiz of twelve questions to test your seat belt safety knowledge:
- Every State has at least some kind of seat belt law. True or False
- Far too many Americans die in crashes every year. Do you know how many unbuckled passenger vehicle occupants died in 2019?
- If you wear a seat belt correctly while riding in the front seat of a car, your chances of a fatal injury are reduced by __________ percent.
- Is it best to use your seat belt on long trips or short trips?
- What is one of the best defenses against drunk drivers on the road?
- Most crashes happen within ___________ miles of home.
- Child restraint use drops by 40% when?
- Seat belts saved approximately how many lives in 2017?
- In 2019, what percentage of passenger vehicle occupants 14 years and younger were not using restraints when killed in traffic crashes?
- Wearing your seat belt is your best insurance to prevent injury and death in the tragic case of a motor vehicle crash. True or False?
- What percentage can seat belts trap under water or in a fire?
- Your Seat Belt can hurt you in a crash. True or False?
Answer Key to Seat Beat Safety IQ Quiz*
- False. 49 of 50 states have a seat belt law.
- Using a seat belt.
- When parents ride without their seat belts, child restraint use drops by 40%.
- ½ of 1% of all crashes according to NHTSA.
- True. In a crash, everything in your car can cause bodily harm, but your seat belt is one of the few things that can actually save you as well.
Seat Belts Saves Lives. Buckle Up, Arkansas!
Arkansas State Police Highway Safety Office | 1 Arkansas State Police Plaza, Little Rock, AR 72209