Ped Bike Safety What Can I Do
What can I do?
As A Motorist
commit to being alert and sharing the road with both pedestrians and bicycles. Be patient at intersections or if a bicycle is using your lane. DRIVE with Care—Get There!
- DRIVE ALERT. Avoid distractions and using devices.
- WATCH OTHERS. Other travelers have the right to use the roadway.
- SLOW DOWN. Give yourself time to react in case of an incident.
Did you know there is a Friendly Driver Certification Program in Little Rock?
Check it out here.
As A Cyclist
be visible and ride alert. Yield to pedestrians at crosswalks and always maintain control of your bicycle.
- OBEY TRAFFIC LAWS. A lack of a motor doesn’t exempt you from getting a ticket.
- RIDE WITH TRAFFIC. It’s the law, plain and simple. Ride on the right for everyone’s safety.
- STAY IN CONTROL. Never ride under the influence, unless you want a DUI.
As a Pedestrian
give extra attention to your surroundings on busy roadways and intersections. Just because you have the right of way does not protect you from danger.
- USE THE CROSSWALK. It’s your safest option.
- HEAD UP, EYES OPEN. Have visual confirmation from others that they see you.
- BE VISIBLE. Avoid wearing black and wear reflective clothing when possible.
Don’t add to the statistics—Safely Share the Road.
Read More Info: Visit here SHARE THE ROAD